Tuesday 15 January 2013

Take this little test to check if your current beliefs about goal setting prevent you from achieving your goals


Read the following "winner/loser" thinking list, and honestly think about what your answer would be.

Here we go:

Losers think "I will make New years resolutions in January and my life magically improves."

Winners think "Goal setting is the skill I use every day to achieve my goals."

Losers think "I will set goals in multiple areas of my life to get everything as fast as possible."




Winners think "I will focus on one goal at a time, because focused action brings massive results."

Losers think "My parents think I should get a business degree, so this is my goal."

Winners think "My goals are my own, so I will spend some time researching what I truly want."

Losers think "One I achieve my goal I will be happy."

Winners think "I'm happy right now, on my journey to my goals."

Losers think "I will train my willpower every day and achieve my goals by applying massive discipline."

Winners think "I will find a way to make a journey to my goals fun and exciting, so I would have internal motivation to reach them and avoid procrastination."

Losers think "There is no need to write my goals down, I know what they are."

Winners think "I have a list of my goals, written down in a specific way, that turns my dreams into Power Goals and fuels my motivation. I reread this list regularly."

Losers think "If I fear something that means I shouldn't do it."

Winners think "If I fear something that means I should step out of my comfort zone and do it. Fear is a Universe's way of telling me where I should go next."

Losers think "I set big goals because I don't want to limit my potential."

Winners think "I have a big vision for myself, but I keep my goals small and realistic. I always break down my big goals into smaller ones."

Losers think "I believe I can achieve my goals by taking massive action when I have time for it."

Winners think "I achieve my goals by taking action on a consistent basis, every single day. Even if I spend only 15 minutes on my goal, I know that days add up quickly and consistency is the key."

Losers think "I will reward myself once I achieve my goal."

Winners think "I will develop a reward system to celebrate every step I take to my goal. It will help me to boost my motivation."

Check your scores. How many "winner's beliefs" you've got?

No comments:

Post a Comment